This highly exciting role for a big player within a multi fashion business is looking for a Sportswear Category Manager (Buyer) for the EMEA region to join on a 12-month fixed term contract with a view to potentially go permanent.
The role will be to support the regional Director in the management of Sportswear licensees in line with the regional strategy to achieve the annual financial targets. The role will focus on collaborating with licensee partners to deliver a compelling Softline product offering partnerships in order to drive growth. You will be accountable for the business development of the regionally managed global DTRs and licensees for Sportswear.
As a Sportswear Category Manager, your area of responsibility will be:
- Driving growth and strategy through maintaining and establishing new relationships with licensee partners.
- Ensure product development is in line with the business expectations, understanding strategies and financial targets of the region and the assigned licensees, managing the budget accordingly
- Ability to identify new areas of growth in line with the business
- Write and verbally communicate a creative brief for the Regional Creative team, understanding the licensee's creative needs. Communicating lead-times, feedback and amendments proactively and clearly between internal departments and licensee contacts.
- Maintain an 'up to date' picture of franchise information including release dates, product/consumer positioning and legal restrictions.
- On a quarterly basis, communicate licensee forecasts to the markets in a timely manner
- Work with the PR team to ensure marketable products are communicated at the start of the process to maximize exposure.
Experience needing in this role will include:
- Experienced and understanding in a Sportswear role and knowledge of product manufacturing process
- Experience as a category manager or Junior Buyer level upwards is required
- Experience working with Softline in a product development capacity, working on the concept to launch process at a high standard with various departments
- Ideally having experience in forecasting, planning and budget control
- Interacting with multiple market licensees is preferred
- Must be able to collaborate, influence and persuade at all levels both internally and externally
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in various stages
- Creative in outlook and problem solving and excited by innovation and new opportunities
This is an exciting opportunity allowing the person to gain experience within an omni-channel business that is faced-paced and ever changing. You will be driven and proactive and be able to work in a collaborative approach. In return, the company offer great experiences and a chance to excel in a friendly working environment.
If you feel you have the skills and experience, please reply with an up to date CV today!
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.