This UK & international retailer is currently looking for a Senior Merchandiser for their hardline ranges. With over 200 stores in the UK and growing; this business is looking for committed Merchandiser within their Furniture, Shelves and Outdoor Storage within their multi-channel offer.
As a Senior Merchandiser you'll be responsible for ensuring that the right products are available stores and on-line, at the right time and in the correct quantities!
Your responsibilities are-
- Forecasting and allocation of category
- Analysing past sales trends to anticipate future need - so you'll need to be commercially aware with an analytical flair.
- Accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and performance.
- Create processes to maximise profits and manage the performance of ranges
- planning promotions and markdowns as necessary.
- Development focus; aware of own personal strengths and developments needs, seeks and acts on feedback from others on own actions and behaviours
- Optimising the sales volume and profitability of designated product areas through effective stock, sales and merchandise planning.
- Working closely with our buying teams to deliver ranges that hit margin targets as well as managing sales performance .
- Developing business plans in managing stock exit plans is also essential including seasonal and end-off-line stock
- Wastage targets
- You'll use your layout plans that incorporate space and stock planning.
- Plan product ranges and preparing sales and stock plans in conjunction with buyers
- ensures the customer is at the forefront of their thinking.
To be successful you will-
Have merchandising experience within a blue-chip retailer and to have traded a range through a WSSI.
- Retail or Supplier background with the relevant product categories will be considered - DIY, Furniture (indoor or Outdoors)Household & Home
- high influence individual & can consult & make key decisions in a ever-changing market
- Have accountability of a category of 35 - 200 million & in control of the OTB.
- Must be at a Merchandise Planner or Senior Merchandiser level with complete 360 accountability
- Previous experience in stock modelling
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills to devise a merchandising plan for multiple produce areas, as well as store
- Financial Modelling (e.g. Availability, intake planning, margin forecasting)
If you fee you have the relevant experience & feel can add value at a senior level. This business will offer full relocation if not in the current area. The busienss offers an autonomous wokring environment and also can work part of a team please send your cv quoting the reference Q96402
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.