A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a successful retailer for a Senior Buyer to join their dynamic and fast-paced head office team.
As Buyer you will be responsible for sourcing and developing a commercial range and managing a large supplier base. Candidates must currently be working at Senior Buyer level within another successful retailer and must have experience of sourcing and developing product from international suppliers.
A proven track record or managing and developing teams is also essential.
As a Senior Buyer, responsibilities will include:
- Product Development and selection.
- Category strategy development
- Far East sourcing and development
- Developing and managing suppliers, sourcing new supplier base and negotiating cost prices and delivery dates
- Managing members of the team, working closely with the Merchandiser to plan ranges
- Pricing strategy
To be successful you will:
- Be an experienced Senior Buyer, currently working at Buyer or Senior Buyer level within a successful retailer. Experience within general merchandise categories in essential, particularly area such as seasonal, diy or hardlines.
- Have demonstrabled international sourcing experience
- Be able to demonstrate strong commercial awareness and range planning ability
- Have a high level or numeracy and excellent analytical skills
- Be confident and a skilled negotiator
- Have previous experience of managing and leading a team
This is an excellent opportunity for an accomplished Buyer to develop their career with a highly successful and ambitious retailer who can offer career development in a challenging and competitive market. In return for your hard work and dedication you will be offered a salary of up to £65K plus a company car
If you are interested and fit the criteria, please apply with a CV quoting reference Q99661
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.