I am looking for an experienced purchasing/procurement manager with food service experience to join a growing team.
In the role, you'll deliver company sales and margin targets by planning, developing, sourcing and negotiating competitively priced product ranges.
Your duties will include:
- Managing supplier relationships
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders to resolve all issues efficiently and effectively.
- Understanding opportunities for sales and margin for your category of products and being able to articulate this in a plan with targets.
- Deciding what products to sell, across your range, including defining how they are sourced and the key promotional activity.
- Working in collaboration with business colleagues to manage stock, availability, waste and markdowns for all the products.
- Manage availability of products through appropriate channels such as communication to stores, supply chain, logistics, marketing and any other relevant departments and working with suppliers in the right way.
- Ensuring that products complies with company policy and external legal requirements in relation to trading and product quality.
To be successful you will need:
- The ability to seek customer perceptions and motivations to inform and drive improvements, and translate these into sales and margin
- An understanding of supply chain and promotion mechanics as well as store operations and the ability to derive value.
- Ability to judge the market and maximise sales margin.
- The ability to coach, develop and motivate your team.
- A track of record of effectively negotiating with suppliers.
- A track record of creating, project managing and driving the benefits from an annual plan, such that it maximises sales and margin.
- Ideally, to be passionate about foodservice and your category of products which covers both hot food, cold drinks, hot drinks along with cakes and sandwiches etc.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive an attractive salary alongside a generous benefits package.
Apply now with an up to date CV quoting Q101960
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.