My client is one of the fastest growing Logistics companies in Europe, supporting some of the biggest names in the food and beverage industry
As a Global Freight Forwarder the main focus of this role is in the coordination and execution of international freight movements in a "Control Tower" environment.
Based on instruction and purchase orders received from overseas's customers the Global Freight Planner will be responsible for ensuring all planned activities, are completed to a high standard of customer service, cost effectively and within the required timeframe.
In the role your responsibilities will include:
- Management of shipments through supply chain.
- Ensuring all PO items available by ready date
- Arranging freight pick up
- Arranging international freight through to destination
- Ensuring all necessary documentation is supplied and accurate to ensure a smooth movement of goods
- Tracking shipments
- Updating online tracking tool
- Troubleshooting problems
- Communication to supply chain parties (and customer)
- Raising accruals, invoicing customers and producing quotes/costings
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers globally ensuring that they are kept informed and updated at all times (Suppliers, truckers, ports, shipping lines, airlines, customs brokers, transhipment points, freight agents etc.)
- Ensure effective communications within Global Freight team
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience of freight forwarding environment
- Excellent understanding of freight process (steps from end to end)
- Cross trade activities
- Import and export air and ocean freight
- Experience of freight documentation (e.g. AWBs and BOLs)
- Customs process understanding
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Fluency in any additional languages would be advantageous, specifically Mandarin, Spanish or Portuguese
In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with a salary of up to £30k (dependant on the shift) and a chance to work in an environment that is focused on developing their people to enable them to reach their full potential.
There is also an attractive benefits package, which includes pension, healthcare and 25 days annual leave.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.