An Assistant Merchandiser is needed for a fast paced fashion retailer. Great opportunity for an individual who follows the latest fashion trends and is not afraid to get "stuck in". You will be assisting the merchandiser in the day to day running of the department and helping in the planning, management and optimisation of the sales, stock, markdown and profit.
Your responsibilities will be:
- To manage the supply base, monitoring Commitment and Intake, and close working relationships with the Supplier to help minimise lead times, create flexibility and improve availability.
- With the Merchandiser to regularly and accurately re-forecast sales and intake at line and category level and to effect those changes in the merchandise planning system.
- Liaise with the Stock Control department to improve the accuracy of branch allocation and replenishment.
- Ensure optimum New Store range availability.
- To react to daily sales and having advised the Merchandiser and Buyer ensure fast lines are called as required.
- To regularly forecast and re-forecast Core Lines, maintaining 100% availability while minimising stockholding.
- Coordinate with IT, Stock Distribution and Marketing to ensure Markdown and/or Promotional activities are communicated to stores clearly, promptly and effectively.
- Ensure all ranging amendments are actioned and updated in a timely fashion on the appropriate Range Plan/merchandising system.
- Communicate on an ongoing basis any problems or queries to the Buyer and Merchandiser.
- Prepare weekly department trading results including sales, stock commitment, profit and budget information and ensuring all spreadsheets are updated following changes.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc departmental analyses for distribution to merchandising team and buyers.
- Deputising for the Merchandiser in their absence.
You will also need experience in:
- Working with the Merchandiser control intake and commitment and intake so as to maintain stock levels by Department and Category in line with monthly Closing Stock targets as defined on the WSSIs.
- Measure: Week on week variance to Intake Forecast.
- Improving the accuracy of both Sales and Intake forecasts.
- Measure: Average Weekly Variance to Merch. Plan Forecasts (Tolerance +/- 10%)
- Liaising with the Stock Distribution Manager to improve the accuracy of allocation and replenishment.
- Measure: Improvement in Store Stock Covers
- Improving New Store range availability
- Measure: 95% Availability of Planned Opening Range
- Working positively with both internal and external areas of the business maintaining efficient and clear communication, and to support a committed, dynamic culture in the team.
In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with the salary up to £24k.
If you feel that you are suitable for this role, please send your CV quoting reference number: Q99876
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.