This Market leading brand and department store in Central London is looking for an Assistant Buyer to source and select product within given categories and deliver against the department plan.
You will work closely with the merchandising team to deliver on both Branded and Own-Brand product ranges and to provide a competitive offer to customers.
The category is open depending on the right candidate and could include toys, games, stationary and impulse confectionary.
The category is doing very well and has big plans in 2017 - 2018 and is looking for a more established team to move the category forward to reflect their customer base.
In this role you will be responsible to:
- Help achieve target for the overall buying department for the category for which you are responsible by selecting the appropriate product ranges.
- Developing effective promotional campaigns that meets your customer's demands and interest
- Establishing the right price to enable growth & gross margin
- Management of pricing and markdowns
- To manage product ranges in line with the critical path through Merchandising & Space Planning
- Present new ranges to the senior buying team and will require attendance to relevant trade fairs.
- Understanding of the wider buying strategy
- Having complete ownership of your own area and identify and source new products and review existing to ensure commercially viable range of products.
- The need to maintaining competitiveness and driving sales and profitability.
- Putting the customer and the heart of the plan
You must be:
- An experienced Assistant or Junior Buyer, Retail experience
- Ideally within a department store, electrical toys, homewares, stationary are ideal but no means exhaustive
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- The ability to "think outside the box" in relation to new products, promotional strategies
- if you have managed a junior BAA this is desirable but not essential
- High levels of enthusiasm and energy
- Equipped with strong commercial acumen & negotiation skills to maximise profitability for the category.
- If you have Product development experience this is advantageous, for example if you have worked collaboratively with other team including marketing, product development and planning.
- Numerical and analytical with excellent attention to detail
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast-paced working environment within a market leading retailer that you would be proud to work for in a great central London location! If you're interested in this opportunity and have the relevant experience, please apply now quoting the reference Q102691
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.